Direct quotations are common. The personbeingquoted may be identified at the start, middle, or end ofthe quote_________
The inverted pyramid begins with the most important information___________
____________anedited aninterview narrated with stories actualities. It could also to a refer to a clip or actuality
In the question given below, an alternative is odd. Find the odd man out in this question.
D. Problemdue linguistic difference. ANSWER:C
In the question given below, an alternative is odd; Find the odd man out in this question.
In the question given below, an alternative is odd. Find the odd man out in this question.
Dyadic is a termrelated to_______________
C. Group Communication.
D. Linear Communication.
In the question given below. Find the odd manout.
D. Cable Television.
Broadcast media is linked with _______________
Whichofthe following is NOT a barrier ofcommunication
A. Semantic Noise.
B. Political Manipulation.
Headlines are generally given by______
A. Page Designer.
D. Free Lancers.
Whichmedia would be idealto attract the attention ofchildren to sellchocolates to them
B. News paper
Ajournalist should not be __________ while covering an event.
Whichofthe following do not provide entertainment to the targeted audience
C. News paper features
Who developed the first paper for the mankind
A. The Chinese .
B. The Sumerians
C. The Aryans
D. The Mayans
Who invented the TV
A. Alexander GrahamBell.
B. JohnLogic Baird.
C. Francis Jenkins.
D. Chester Carlson.
The MMS is a/an______________
B. audio Media. .
C. audio visualMedia.
D. print Media
Whichofthe following is not a traditionalmedia
B. Painting. 3
Whichofthe following is not a modernmedia
Whichofthe following would not give us city information
D. P Asystem
Reachand frequencyofanadvertisement is calculated by studying the targeted audience over a period of____________ A. 3 months.
B. 4 weeks.
C. 6 weeks.
D. 4 months.
Whichmedia does not make the use ofeyes and ears simultaneously
Bar charts and histogramare often used to represent economic data. Which media are usingthemnow-adays
B. TVand news paper.
C. Alltypes ofmedia.
Whichofthe following is not an advantage ofTV
A. Information given by it is current and up-to-date.
B. Live coverage is done bymanyTV channel.
C. The audience remain glued to TV and hence, theylearna lot about products/service. That are telecast on the same.
D. The audience remain glued to TV and hence theydo not muchphysicalwork.
What is the fullformofCATV
A. CommunityActionTelevised View.
B. CommunityAntenna Television.
C. Conduit for Antenna Television.
D. Conductor for Antenna Television. ANSWER:B
Whichone ofthe followingmessage canbe sent to the mass audience at very low cost
A. Anadvertisement ofpotato chips.
B. Aschedule ofthe polio campaign. .
C. The news ofexpansionofthe unionministry.
D. d. Information about the screening ofa new movie incity theatre ANSWER:D
Who started BengalGazette
C. James Augustus Hicky.
D. Master Tara Singh.
28. The termPress normallydoes not include_________
B. Internet Web Sites.
C. News Papers.
MumbaiVartamanwas started inthe year__________
A. 1835. B. 1830.
C. . 1833.
Agroup discussion is a formof________________
A. Dyadic communication.
B. Multiadic communication.
C. Mass communication.
D. Linear communication.
In1946, the World Service of__________.was created.
B. Associated Press.
Inwhich year was the first news agencyfounded
Inwhich year INS decided to merge withAP
Whichnews agencyis a post war successor to the Agence Havass
A. Associated Press.
D. Agence France Presse.
Whichis NOTthe qualityofthe reporter
C. Anose for the news.
D. Editing interviews for use ANSWER:D
The TVchannelNationalGeographic is owned by____________
A. Ted Turner group.
B. FoxBroadcasting Company.
C. Zee TVgroup.
Whenwas MTVstarted inIndia
C. In1999. 6/40
ESPN is a channelowned by____________
A. Ted Turner.
C. Walt Disney.
Find the odd manout fromthe following.
B. Rajesh Badal.
D. Deepak Chaurasia.
Lokmat is being published in three languages. They are:
A. English Hindiand Bangali.
B. MarathiEnglish and Hindi.
C. Kannada Gujarathy and Marathi.
D. BengaliHindiand Kannada. ANSWER:B
The first draft on the right to information was prepared by the_____________
A. PCI in1998.
B. Supreme in1992.
C. Parliament in 1996.
D. The PCI in1996.
Whichofthe following is an example ofnetwork media
A. Video conferencing.
43. Whichone ofthe followingis most perishable
D. Inland Letter.
Whenwas the PTI established
B. In 1969.
The chat show We The People is telecasted from____________
A. Star TV network.
D. Zee TVnetwork.
The Vernacular Press Act 1878 was also called.
A. Lyttons Act.
D. Coercive ControlLaw.
The multilingualTV network ofIndia was______________
A. ZEE. B. Jain.
The FreedomofInformation Act was passed inBritainin__________
A. January, 2003.
B. November, 2000.
C. April, 2002.
D. March, 1998
Who started Tribune
C. James Augustus Hicky.
D. Master Tara Singh.
The termlibelnormally refers to___________
B. contempt ofcourt.
D. none ofthe above
Sunis a tabloid being published from____________________
The first newspaper meant for publication was announced in the year________________
Press councilofIndia has how manymembers.
Where is the Filmand Television Institute ofIndia situated
The films division is the re-established formofwhich British organisation
A. Indian Broadcasting Company.
B. Publications Division.
C. British Board ofFilmClassification. D. FilmFinance Corporation. ANSWER:C
After which newspaper Television was introduced in India
C. Samachar Darpan.
Who made the registration ofnewspapers compulsory in1835
A. Lord WilliamBentick
B. Sir Charles Met Calfe.
D. JohnAgustus Hicky.
Who, amongst the followingis associated with parallelcinema
C. Govind Nihalani.
The famous movie Deewar was based onthe life of__________________
A. Chhota Rajan.
D. None ofthese.
Sandip Chowta is a_________________
B. Art Director.
D. Music Director.
Colour TV was introduced in India in the year.
The satellite used to launch the SITE was_____________
InIndia the frequency ofFM channels varies from.
A. 88-108 MHz.
C. 42b.4-500 MHz.
D. 150-189 MHz.
IfTV canlinked to a dailynews paper, cinema canbe linked to a_______________
C. short story.
Inwhich one ofthe media, the reader is not an active consumer ofnews ofinformation
A. News paper.
C. TV. D. Book.
The coverage byvarious media ofthe murder case ofMaddumitha Sukla was anexample of.
A. Citizen journalism.
C. Crime reporting.
D. Yellow journalism.
Who is cub
A. AnUntrained Reporter.
B. AShort StoryWriter.
C. The Assistant News Reported.
D. The ManagingEditor OfA Magazine. ANSWER:A
FFC stands for______________
A. FilmFinance Corporation.
B. Finance FilmCorporation.
Whenwas the NationalFilmDevelopment Corporationestablished
Who amongthe followingis pioneer onparallelcinema
C. Govind Nihalani.
The SITEwas inaugurated in____________
A. December, 1947. .
B. August, 1975.
C. March, 1981.
D. August, 1979
Whichnews paper was started as a Bengalipaper but later, changed into anEnglishpaper
A. Indian Mirror.
D. Amir Bazar Patrika.
Who started Dharamvir fromAfrica in1912
A. Mahatma Anand Swami.
The pioneer was started in Allahabad in the year____________
DDBharathiis available through which ofthe following satellite
B. PAS 10.
Whichwas the first movie ofAbhishek Bachan
The first movie in South India was___________
C. Keechak Wadham.
The gamut ofyellow journalismdoes not include________
A. Slime games.
B. Mud-slinging exercises.
C. live coverage ofnews and events.
D. smear campaigns.
Who amongthe followingwas NOTa member ofthe First Press Commission
A. Acharya Narendra Dev.
C. N.C. Menon.
The second press commissionwas headed by__________
A. SoliSorab Ji.
B. P.K Goswmi.
C. A.R. Bhat.
D. T.N Singh.
The IndianCinematographic Act was passed in the year__________
Whichone was the first news paper ofUSA to become electronic onJuly1, 1980
B. Popular Science.
C. The Columbia Despatch.
Whichmethod is used for receiving information market based feedback system
A. Audience DecisionMaking.
B. Direct feedback.
C. Media Review.
D. AllThe Above.
Inwhich language was Amrita Bazar Patrika first published before changing over to English language.
The name givento the first radio programme was________
A. India Radio Times.
B. The IndianListener.
D. East India Company.
Whenwas the name AllIndia Radio adopted
A. June 10, 1935.
B. April8, 1936.
C. January 8, 1935.
D. June8, 1936.
Where was the highest AIR station set-up in1971
According to Wilbur Schrammwhichone ofthe following is a value free asset
According to P.C. Joshyradio and TV where.
C. One-wayas wellas two-waycommunicationmeans . 1
D. Intra communication.
The process ofmass communication is not__________
D. Effect onLarge Scale
Whichofthe following is NOT a glaring feature ofmass culture
A. Non-elite nature.
Lassa Kaulaward is givenby.
A. The HindustanTimes.
B. The Times ofIndia.
D. India Today.
In1961 India first schooloftelevision service was commissioned at_________
The mass media are educators and propagandist. Whichtheoryofpress supports this ideology
The Vivid Bharathiservice ofAIR was started in_____
A. April, 1948.
B. October, 1957.
C. December, 1950.
D. June, 1957.
Akahata, a news paper ofJapan, has a tilt towards the_______
A. Capitalist ideology.
B. Communist ideology.
C. Free market system. D. Authoritarian system.
Springer Press was formed in___________
Whichnews agencywas providingnews to the Indian newspaper during the pre-independence era
A. a. The AFP.
B. b. The CANA.
C. c. Reuters.
D. d. The IRNA.
The AFP was carved out of____________
A. Havas news agency.
B. Associated Press.
C. The CANA.
D. The NANAP
The News paper published byM K Gandhiwas_________
B. Harijan. .
C. Indian Opinion.
D. The Hindu
The large number ofEnglishnews paper is published from.
Whichis the first Marathidaily to be published fromBombayafter independence
A. Maharashtra Times.
Who is the head ofNews Service Division
A. Editor In charge.
B. Directional officer.
C. Director General.
Festinger formulated the _______________
A. consistency theories.
B. socialResponsibility Theories.
C. authoritarian Theories.
D. free Press Theories.
Diffusion ofinnovations theory was proposed by
A. Everett Rogers.
C. Harold Lasswell.
S-M-C-RModelwas proposed by
A. David Berlo.
Dyadic communicationis the transfer ofmessage froma person.
A. To Another Person& Viceversa.
B. To AGroup OfPerson.
C. To AMassAudience.
D. To Individuals.
The pioneer ofsilent feature filmin India is_______________
B. Dhundiraj Govind Palke.
D. Dadha Sahib Palkhe.
Howmanynews agencies are there inIndia.
The Hindiwing started byPTI is called_________
B. Samachar Bharti.
C. PTI Bhasha.
D. Hindusthan Samachar.
Whichis the bi-monthly media journalofPress Institute ofIndia
A. Data India.
Who opposed the freedomofspeechand expression
Mass communication is__________
A. meant for delivering messages to the public.
B. a technology based media vehicles. C. animpersonaltoolfor delivering informations to the masses.
D. none ofthese.
Inwhichyear PRASAR BHARATHI the autonomous broadcastingcorporationofIndia was set up
A. 23rd November 1997.
B. 15thAugust 1992.
C. 26 January1998.
Doordarshan-India the internationalChannelis in operation form.
The 1948, the conference offreedomofinformation was held in.
A. Newyork City.
__________ refers to playing a previously recorded voice track over a visualportion .
A. Music tracks.
B. Lip syncs.
C. Pre-recorded voice-over.
D. Sound effects.
The relation between sound and the picture is known as_____________
A. sound perspective.
D. sound mixing
119. Who is wellknownfor his comment oncommunications- Who says what to whominWhat Channel withWhat Effect?
A. Harold Lasswell.
B. Walter Lippmann.
D. George Herbert Mead.
120. LibertarianismTheory is also known as?
A. Free Press Theory.
B. Authoritarian Theory.
C. Communist Theory.
D. SocialResponsibility Theory. ANSWER:A
121. Inthe print media, the GPRS is equalto the__________
A. number ofadvertising insertion is one campaign.
B. product offrequency and the average size ofthe household.
C. product ofreach and the average size ofthe household.
D. number ofadvertisement reached to the audience.
122. Who enforced the vernacular Press Act?
A. Lord Canning.
B. Lord Lytton.
D. East India Company
123. Multitrack recorders were first introduced for the use of_____________ A. advertising industry.
D. commercialrecording industry. ANSWER:C
124. Whenwas the movingtransmission ofTV started?
125. The type ofmicrophone that is simply a desk or hand held mike that is mounted is______________
A. stand microphone.
B. hand microphone.
C. headset microphone.
126. Surviellence relates to what function in communication.
127. Who amongthe followingwas the onlyone Indiancostume designer got Oscar Award?
A. Ritu Beri.
C. Monisha Bajaj.
D. J.J. Valaya.
128. Who was the chairmanoffirst press councilofIndia?
B. T.N Sing.
C. G.S Rajadhyasksha.
129. The termTRP stands for__________ A. TotalRegression Profile.
B. Tally Rating Point.
C. Television Rated Purchase.
D. Television Rating Point
130. The most commonlyused microphone intelevision is_
A. Lavalier Microphones.
C. Stand Microphones.
D. Hand Microphones
131. BalGangathar Tilak was associated with___________
D. Indian Gazette.
132. India first colour feature was_________
C. Kheechak Vadham.
133. Whichofthe movie was directed byRaj Kapoor
C. Kagazke Phool.
134. The fourth Estate is a name generally given to the press, but previously it was the name given by________________
A. The press regulation authority ofUSA.
B. The elite writers ofEurope.
C. The press ofEngland.
D. The news agencies.
135. Sathyajithray started his career as filmdirector in the year___________
136. USES ANDGRATIFICATION THEORYwasproposed by?
D. Rubinand Bantz.
137. Whichofthe following is not a part oftraditionalmedia ofIndia?
A. Puppet theatre.
B. Folk dance.
138. Find the odd womenout amongthe following?
C. Shoba De.
139. Whichofthe following is not a desirable quality in a reporter?
D. Gift ofthe gab.
140. Anewspapers news desk canreceive news fromits ownJournalists, new agencies and ___________.
B. the masses.
C. the net.
D. previous issues ofthe newspaper. ANSWER:C
141. Inwhichyear was the NationalfilmArchives ofIndia established?
142. The costliest filmmade in India is __________.
143. Whichwas the year ofinaugurationofThe Times ofIndia?
144. ________ advertising is embedded inprogramming
145. Radio structure ofindustry________ A. AM/FM
B. Public Radio
C. Cable radio
146. Television characteristic________ A. Mass coverage
C. Impact ofsight, sound
147. Radio is also called the _______medium.
B. Intimate medium
C. Flexible medium
148. The formalscript is similar to the television drama script_________
A. Radio Script
149. ________are created bysome kind ofmovement, suchas a car racingbyor a jet passingoverhead.
A. Action sounds
B. Setting sounds
C. Symbolic sounds
150. ___________ is defined as preparingfor publication or public presentation.
C. Cutting & Rearranging
151. Modernnewsroomcomputer systems canautomatically calculate the duration ofa story based on the number ofwords and the newsreaders __________
A. Reading rate.
C. Script Rate
152.————provides a new way oforganizing and accessing information in on your computer by using metadata.
153. Antennas help to radiate radio frequency energy________
A. Electromagnetic waves
154. The long distance transmission ofelectromagnetic waves popularly known as___________
A. Radio waves
B. Ground Waves
C. Short Waves
155. Element ofradio production
C. Sound Effects
156. Stages ofradio production
A. Pre Production
B. Post Production
157. The written copyofthe words to be spokenduringa radio programme. A. Semiscript
158. ________ a personwho presents or announces programmes over radio for the public.
159. Apersonor a group ofpeople who formthe target audience ofradio programmes.
160. Inwhichthe most important news appears inthe middle ofthe story, should be avoided________
A. Buried Lead
B. Soft Lead 2
C. Anchor Lead
161. ARadio format_______
A. Sound effects
162. Ashort segment ofactuality is called a _______
163. _________ anymethod ofnews that is published rather than printed.
C. Print journalism
D. Broadcast journalism
164. Whichfilmhas won11 Oscars other thanthe filmTitanic?
A. Bicycle Thief.
D. Alltha above
165. The News DivisionofDD (inDelhi) is supported by_________RegionalNews Units
166. The researchand Reference Division does not publish the following journal.
C. Development diagest.
167. Who differentiate between hot and cold messages?
A. MarshallMc Luhan.
B. Wilbur Schramm.
C. Raymond Williams.
168. Cinema is ________
B. audio VisualMedia.
C. audio Media. .
D. print Media
169. TRPs ofTVserials calculated for a period of_______
A. 10 days.
B. 14 days.
C. 7 days.
D. 21 days.
170. Whenwas the first TV stationset up inIndia?
171. What was the other name ofHickys Bengalgazette?
A. The Bengalnews.
B. Calcutta GeneralAdvertiser.
172. TRAI stands for_________
A. Television Regulatory Authority ofIndia.
B. Television Research Authority ofIndia.
C. TelecomRegulatory Authority ofIndia.
D. Telephone Regulatory Association ofIndia.
173. ASCI stands for_______
A. Advertising Standards CouncilofIndia.
B. Agilie Standards CouncilofIndia. 2
C. Asian Standards CouncilofIndia.
D. AmericanStandards CouncilofIndia. ANSWER:A
174. Afree press is essentialto any democratic politicalsystembecause__________.
A. no one should have to spend moneyto obtaininformation.
B. having an informed citizenry is one way to protect democracy.
C. the press can easily be co-opted bythe government.
D. people like to read.
175. Whichnewspaper has the highest circulation?
A. Times ofIndia.
C. Dainik Bhaskar.
D. The Hindu.
176. The termyellow journalismis derived from.
A. Lurid, Illustrated News Accounts Associated With Hearst And Pulitzer Newspapers.
B. The Poor Quality Paper That Was HistoricallyUsed For Newspapers.
C. AType OfPaper Used To PublishNewspapers.
D. News Stories WhichOccur InThe Late Evenings.
177. Reading and/or viewing the news inAmerica has decreased over the past few decades withthe exception of.
A. Listening To Radio Newscasts.
B. ReadingThe Newspaper.
C. Accessing News Sites OnThe Internet.
D. Viewing The LocalTV News. ANSWER:C
178. The equaltime rule specifies that. A. Radio And Television Must Give Free AdvertisingTime To Candidates whose CampaignFunds Have RunLow.
B. Political Advertisements Must Be Offered At A Standard Price Across The Country.
C. c. Candidates Must Be Allowed EqualTime OnRadio and Television, As Wellas EqualCoverage in Newspapers And Magazines.
D. Candidates Must Be Permitted EqualTime, Whether Paid or Free, OnRadio and Television.
179. The regulation that required radio and television stations to air allsides ofa particular issue was known as__________.
A. Fairness Doctrine.
B. Consensus Doctrine.
C. EqualTime Rule.
D. Prior Restraint.
180. Socialscientists generally agree that the mass media performwhich ofthe following functions?
A. Surveillance of world events.
B. Socialization of individuals into culturalsettings.
C. Education ofindividuals about world events.
D. Allofthe above.
181. Investigative journalismis different fromyellow journalism.
A. People Associated WithThe Latter Were Not “Real”Journalists.
B. In That Investigative Journalists Are Paid More Money.
C. InThe Amount OfTime And Resources Spent OnAParticular Story. D. InMakingGreater Use ofTechnology. ANSWER:C
182. Collectively, the FederalCommunication Commission’s three rules for regulating politicalcontent on radio and TVis knownas ________.
A. the Public Information Doctrine.
B. the Doctrine OfPoliticalCommunication.
C. the EqualTime Rule.
D. the Scarcity Doctrine.
183. Published speech that is untruthful, malicious, damaging to a person’s reputation or good name and thus not protected the First Amendment is called.
A. hate Speech.
184. Accordingto the text, which ofthe following may be “performing a function formerly the domain of political parties, unions, and civil groups”by connecting people with the politicalprocess?
A. Public Opinion Polls.
C. Internet Blogs.
D. Grassroots Lobbying.
185. During presidentialcampaigns the media tends to focus on:
A. The Election Rules.
B. The Voters.
C. The Candidates.
D. The PoliticalProcess
186. Whichofthe following would typically not be done bya candidate attempting to counter negative advertising?
A. Ignore the attack.
B. Defend against the charges.
C. Attack the credibility ofthe accuser. D. Quit the race.
187. The Radio programWorld ofthe Wars was directed by________
188. The keyadvantage ofBroadcast Journalismto Print Journalismis___________
189. Anaccusation ofwrongdoing without proofis called as_________
190. Perhaps the most successfuluse ofradio by a politician was:
A. Roosevelt Fireside Chats.
B. Carter Malaise speech.
C. Bushspeechjust after the 9-11 attacks.
D. NixonCheckers speech
191. Whichofthe following is responsible for voters rarely ever hearing a detailed explanation about an issue froma presidentialcandidate? A. The strong speaking abilities ofcandidates that make longer statements unnecessary.
B. The decreasing time-frame ofa televised sound bite.
C. The weak speakingabilities ofcandidates that make longer statements painful.
D. The growinginability ofAmericans to understand the complicated policymaking process.
192. What famous chronicler ofthe rise ofNazipower started his professionallife on the copy desk?
B. Ambrose Bierce.
C. Ernie Pyle.
D. Jack London.
193. Le Figaro is whichcountryoldest newspaper?
194. What Americannewspaper was dynamited in1910 byunionactivists?
A. Detroit Free Press.
B. Los Angeles Times.
C. Baltimore Sun.
D. Dallas MorningNews.
195. Name the newspaper publisher, knownfor his sensationalism, who cabled this message to one ofhis correspondents: “You furnish the pictures and I llfurnish the war.
A. Katharine Graham.
B. WilliamRandolph Hearst.
C. Alberto Ibarguen.
D. Arthur Sulzberger
196. Thomas Carlyle wrote that significant politicalpower is in the collective hands ofjournalists whomhe called the_________
A. Third Estate.
B. Fifth Dimension.
C. Scumofthe earth. .
D. Fourth Estate
197. What is BenBradlee’s middle name?
198. What is yellow journalism?
A. Old news.
D. Sensationalized news.
199. What do the initials H. L. stand for in Mencken’s name?
B. Hap Lucky.
C. Harold Lutenberg.
D. Hans Leipzig.
200. Aneditor talking about “hatches, matches, and dispatches”is talking about births, marriages, and________
B. Assignment to the farmbeat.
D. Foreign news
201. What function ofjournalismfocuses on educating not only the students but also the people in the community?
202. It act as a guardian to the students right and serves as an eye to the reader, what function is this.
203. Whichofthe following functions pertains to referring journalismas a teaching toolfor budding journalist?
204. The climaxis always presented in the first paragraph in which ofthe following style(s).
B. Inverted pyramid only
C. Literary only.
D. Inverted pyramid and lite ANSWER:A
205. Whichofthe following is NOT anadvantage ofthe inverted pyramid style?
A. Presents facts rapidly and simply.
B. Makes page layout easier.
C. Makes writingheadlines easier.
D. Make paragrapheasier.
206. The most important aspect ofa news storyis based onwhat news element?
A. The who.
B. The when.
C. The where.
D. The news.
207. What is the purpose ofa summarylead?
A. To present the essentialfacts quickly.
B. To give details to satisfy reader interest.
C. To make it possible for aneditor to cut the storyat anypoint.
D. To give the storycoherence ANSWER:A
208. Whichofthe following types ofleads is NOT a noveltylead?
D. Direct address
209. Whichofthe following is a contrast lead?
A. Fromdebutante to grease monkeyis the goalofNavywomanDoris Barnes.
B. Dazed but gratefully alive,EM3 Donald Clark struggled o his feet, rubbed his arms, and admitted that 440 volts are a lot ofvolts.
C. Killer Cain strikes again!
D. Who would have ever thought that FT2 George Reganwas timid ANSWER:D
210. Novelty leads are sometimes used for whichofthe following purposes?
A. To attempt to answer allthe five Ws and the H.
B. To add varietyto a newspaper story.
C. To give a strongnarrative element. D. To introduce a chronologicalorder. ANSWER:A
211. Whenshould youidentifythe subject ofa news story bymore thanjust name?
A. Whenthe personis not wellknownto the readers.
B. Whenthe personis a familiar public official.
C. Whenthe actionofthe storyis more important than the personinvolved.
D. Whenthe personis one ofa group ofpersons involved inthe action. ANSWER:A
212. What is the best source ofideas for feature stories?
A. Suggestions fromreaders.
B. News stories inthe daily papers.
C. Navynews handouts.
D. News releases fromlocaland nationalorganizations.
213. What is the criticalconsideration for the feature story writer?
A. Word choice.
B. Consideration ofthe target audience. C. Whether to write a straight news or feature story.
D. Permission to write the article. ANSWER:C
214. Navyjournalists most often can place feature stories in commercialnewspapers when they write themto emphasize which ofthe following topics?
A. The importance ofthe event. B. Newequipment.
C. IndividualNavy members.
D. The background ofthe event. ANSWER:B
215. Afact takenfromthe news page maybe developed into a good feature article ifit is written to reflect what interest?
216. What type oflead canbe used ina feature story?
C. Summaryor novelty.
D. Anystandard news or magazine
217. What are the parts ofa feature story?
A. Body, bridge and sum-nary.
B. Lead, bodyand ending.
C. Lead, bridge and body.
D. Bridge, body and ending. ANSWER:B
218. What is the strength ofradio advertising?
A. Ability to reach segmented audience.
B. Short lead times.
C. Lowcost per thousand.
D. Allthe above
219. Whichis not a problemwithtelevision advertising?
A. Inability to achieve impact.
C. Erosion ofaudience.
D. Escalating the cost.
220. Who is the chairmanofUTI?
D. Mohamed Hanzare.
221. Camera signaloutput without a sync is called_____________
A. Black burst.
C. Composite video.
D. Non- Composite video.
222. What is the meaning ofcirculation in the parlance ofthe print media?
A. Number ofcopies printed.
B. Number ofcopies sold.
C. Number ofeditions.
D. Number ofreaders.
223. Whichcamera tubes has minimumlag?
224. Points included in the coverage ofany games are__________
B. Name ofplayers.
C. Crucialmoments ofthe game.
D. Allthe above
225. The part ofvisible spectrumwhere camera pick-up tubes have the greatest output is.
C. Yellow green.
D. Infra red.
226. Specialeffects and production switching is done by____________
227. The gamma ofthe picture tube is. A. 0.45
228. Ajournalist who writes news, views and articles about the crime scenario is
A. Investigative reporter.
B. Crime reporter.
D. Free lancer.
229. Ingamma correction the _____________is stretched by the picture tube.
230. What is the usualheater voltage for picture tube?
231. What is a sound bite?
A. Digitalaudio signalthat identify a radio station.
B. The first line of a TV announcer.
C. Aquotationused onradio to express the idea.
D. Anaudio command gives bythe TV/radio producer to TV newscaster ANSWER:C
232. The number ofguest handle bya radio presenter should normally not exceed
D. There is no limit guest
233. The DTHsystemwould not work without______________
B. Telephone line.
C. Smart card.
D. Conventionallinear antenna ANSWER:C
234. Static convergence is done for the_________ofthe screen.
235. Who is knownas the father ofIndian language journalism?
A. Raja RamMohanRoy.
C. Bhupendra NathDutta.
236. Whichofthe Indian agencywas a subsidiary ofthe Reuters?
237. Whichnews agencywas founded inU.S.A in1907?
238. Closed ended type ofquestionare questions called for ____________
A. Simple yes-no
B. Agree disagree answers.
C. Multiple choice type ofresponse
D. Allthe above
239. AFP belongs to whichcountry:
A. The Netherlands
240. The color withthe most luminance is___________
241. Whichfilmwas nominated for Oscar in 2002?
242. India s largest news paper agency is______________
243. What is the fullformofCANA?
A. Canadiannews agency.
B. Caribbeannews agency.
C. ColombianNews agency.
D. Calcutta news agency
244. Mira Nair wonthe GOLDEN LION award for the movie.
A. Wedding B. Monsoon
D. None ofthe above
245. ____________is a personwho presents news ina radio.
A. News reader
246. Who was appointed as the first controller ofbroadcasting in India?
C. c. JosephDominick
247. Whichis not a rule oftelevision?
C. Passive voice
248. What is meanbyMS?
A. Mid Shot
B. Mid script
C. Mid slot
249. What is the element that makes news?
D. Allthe above
250. Whichofthe following is not an application ofCATV?
C. Telephone operation
D. Internet connections